We have implemented the following for all users of the building:
- Reduced class sizes to comply with recommended social distancing
- Spacing squares marked in each studio
- Protective screens across our reception desk and PPE provided for Marina Studios staff
- Increased cleaning regime and hand sanitiser available throughout the building
- Marked spaces in reception to facilitate social distancing
- Servicing and filter change of our clean air transfer ventilation system
- Removal of all social seating areas
- Queueing systems implemented to ensure smooth running of classes
- Closure of back corridor and changing rooms
- No spectators/parents in building (we have no space to accommodate them), drop off at front door – Hirer staff will need to be present to guide children to relevant queue
We have been working hard on a new schedule that will accommodate both our in-house classes and the needs of outside hirers as best we can. Naturally there will be sacrifices on all sides to help us get back in business.
- Studio 1 – 20 students + teacher
- Studio 2 – 15 students + teacher
- Studio 3 – 8 students + teacher
REQUIREMENTS FROM ALL HIRERS:
When you take your slot the room will be ready to a COVID-Compliant level, all hirers are responsible for fulfilling their own risk-assessed needs within their slot. We ask that all hirers leave the studios as they found them. Regarding cleaning the studio after each use we are unable to provide cleaning equipment for outside hirer use. Instead we ask either that you hand the back at the end of each hour compliantly cleaned (floors mopped with anti-bac mop wipes, ballet barres, handles and touch points sprayed with antiviral spray) OR, if you would rather my staff clean the studio we require the room back 10 minutes before the end of the slot to allow us to clean – we must also allow an additional 10 minutes between every slot for the room to air (I have indicated these options below as follows: Hirer to clean = HC, Marina Studios to clean = MSC). I appreciate this is a huge upheaval for all of us and a lot of extra effort will be required in the ‘new normal’. Thank you in advance for working with me to get us all back in business whilst keeping us all safe.
Please send me the following before your sessions:
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment clearly detailing how you will manage your participants in all areas of the building from arrival to leaving (this should include a detailed description of how your teachers will alter lesson plans to keep students socially distanced and never facing each other).
- Latest Public Liability cover for all teachers who will be teaching at the studios
- Advance payment is required when you have not previously booked studio space at Marina Studios, or for one-off hires commencing within 7 days. All new hirers are required to pay at the time of booking, if payment is not received within two working days of us receiving the booking request form, the provisional booking will be cancelled. Payments can be made by credit or debit card.
- There is a 50% cancellation fee for bookings cancelled less than a month in advance.
- Regular bookings will be invoiced monthly (normally end calendar month). All regular hire invoices must be paid by the first day of the month you have been invoiced for; otherwise hirers risk cancellation of further bookings. Further, if you are regularly hiring a prime-time mid week slot (Mon-Thurs 6.30pm-8.30pm) you will be charged for every week, even if you cannot be there. We can be more flexible on non-peak time slots. We require one months’ written notice for cancellation of a regular, weekly slot.
- Percussion is not permitted in any studio without prior arrangement. If you intend to use percussion this must be stated at the time of booking when you will be advised if this is possible.
- Noise levels in all studios must be kept to a reasonable level. Any classes causing noise disturbing other users will be advised to reduce their noise level by Marina Studios staff. All users are asked to consider other users and local residents when using the studios.
- Footwear in the studios:
No outdoor shoes are permitted and all shoes must be non-marking and soft soled (trainers permittable except black soled trainers). If your shoes mark the floor please remove them.
If any damage or excess marks are caused to the floor, the hirer will incur the cost of cleaning. Hirers should report any excessive marks they see on the studio floor at the beginning of their session otherwise they may be charged for the cleaning cost. Tap shoes are permitted only in Studio 3. Heels are permitted in all studios as long as the heel is an inch or more wide – no stilettos or spike heels
- Should you require any other equipment (e.g chairs and tables) this must be agreed at time of booking. After this point we cannot guarantee availability of equipment. On occasion we may be able to set these up for you.
- Studio hirers must keep to their allotted time slots and their allocated studio. Those who persistently fail to keep to their allotted times will not be allowed to book any studio space in the future. Hirers must ensure that class warm up and warm down is allowed for in the studio booking time.
- Studio times and locations may be changed or cancelled by the Administration and Finance office due to internal events. Where possible hirers will be given one month’s notice.
- No food or drink may be taken into the studios except bottled water.
- If you wish to film in the studios this must be agreed at the time of booking, as different terms and conditions apply.
- All external hirers must make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedures and must make sure class participants are briefed on course of action in case of fire.
- External hirers are advised not to exceed the recommended studio maximum capacity.
- Changing facilities are available on site (currently unavailable due to COVID-19)
- If a session involves participants who are under the age of 18 or classed as vulnerable adults the external hirer is responsible for ensuring that the relevant DBS checks been obtained.
- A copy of your public liability insurance should be provided before the hire commences.
- All external hirers are responsible for ensuring their session is run in line with current health and safety legislation and best practice guidelines. Marina Studios takes no responsibility for the content or health and safety of classes run by external hirers. See reception for a list of First Aid trained staff, this is also where the First Aid Kit and Accident book are kept.
- Marina Studios prides itself on providing a professional and consistent service to our customers. We also market outside hirer classes alongside our own. Therefore please ensure you protect our reputation by ensuring classes are not cancelled except in emergency situations. Where possible adequate cover should be in place.
- Marketing & Publicity guidelines:
- The Marina Studios logo may not be used in connection with any hire, unless the performance or workshop has been directly commissioned by Marina Studios.
- No images of Marina Studios may be used without the written approval of the communications department and must be fully credited. We ask, for the benefit of Marina Studios and yourselves that you engage with us on social media activity.
- Location must be listed as “Marina Studios”. The address for attendees is 11 Mermaid Walk, Brighton Marina Village, Brighton BN2 5WA
- Marina Studios website (http://www.marinastudios.co.uk) has directions, travel information and a map. The studios can be reached on 01273 253679.
- We have 2 x flyer/leaflet racks for you to advertise your classes. We also send out regular newsletters to our database and will display a printed timetable with all outside hirer’s classes listed.